The RESET MATH program develops essential Math Skills which include:
RESET concepts support learners in developing their memory, comprehension, studying, and problem solving skills in the context of Math.
The RESET MATH program applies RESET brain-based concepts to the Curricular Competencies outlined in the BC Curriculum.
As a part of the program, students are asked to integrate their learning in their day to day lives through practice and journaling to establish healthy habits to support their academic life.
Students will be exposed to various research-based strategies that will equip them with a learning toolkit. This will enable them to become efficient learners skilled in areas such as test preparation, organization, time management, goal setting, study habits, and self-regulated learning, reducing educational anxiety.
18 week program (1 class per week)
1 HR IN-PERSON CLASS
10 MINS EXERCISE KICK OFF
ADOPT a learning strategY
- Provides a foundation for effective learning skills, routines, and habits.
- Helps young learners gain awareness of individual learning needs.
- Activities focus on enhancing memory, reading, and study skills.
- Content is research-based, rooted in neuroscience, and simplified with age-appropriate vocabulary.
- Facilitators lead discussions to help learners consolidate new ideas.
- Learners leave sessions understanding which skills and habits are most effective for them.
- Aims to start learners on their journey to understand their individual learning needs.
- Offers an opportunity to apply newfound skills to current academic endeavors.
- Continues to build awareness of individual learning needs.
- Activities tie in current habits and academics while developing memory, reading, and study skills.
- Content is research-based, rooted in neuroscience, and uses age-appropriate vocabulary.
- Facilitators engage learners to consolidate new concepts through discussions.
- Learners leave sessions with a deeper understanding of effective habits for their current learning needs.
- Encourages the application of new skills towards future goals and ambitions.
- Helps learners integrate memory, reading, and study skills into current routines to shape future habits.
- Continues to build on understanding individual learning needs. Activities focus on linking new concepts to future aspirations.
- Content remains research-based, rooted in neuroscience, and presented in age-appropriate vocabulary.
- Facilitators lead discussions connecting new ideas to future goals.
- Learners leave with a better understanding of how their learning needs can shape their future ambitions.